Tuesday 18 February 2014

Branding

Graphics Branding Project

Aims: To explore and develop an understanding of identity design/branding.

A brand is the name given to the term, design or symbol, or any feature that identifies ones sellers's product distinctively against others from those of sellers.

Street food is ready-to-eat food or drink sold in a street or other public place, such as a market or fair, by a hawker or vendor, often from a portable stall. 
Markets in London are:

  • Borough Market
  • Broadway Market -Hackney 
  • Berwick Street market
  • Whitecross Market - Barbican

     To start the thinking process coming up with the food is the first step, for this I went with what I personally like to eat which is Wagamama and Japansease food. So going with this listing all things Japansease.

    • Bullet train
    • strong cultural background
    • religion
    • Bonsai Tree
    • Mount Fuji
    • chop sticks
    • green tea
    • Sake rice 
    • largest population in cities
    A USP? 
    is what one wants the company to have:
    - sustainable packaging and healthy ingredients.

    Target Market - Who's the food aimed at?
    • All people in General
    Fonts- I decided to do a couple of pages on fonts using Illustrator. Branding involves creating a logo so these fonts are experimentation of Typography which could be used for the logo title.


    As my food is Japanease I thought it would be a good idea to have some Japanease text and the page below showcases my work. Each is a word with a different meaning like spirit, or love or mountain etc.


    The Logo 






    These are all me playing around with Ideas for a Logo, I did quite a few as it gives one  a bigger scope to choose from when it comes to actually deciding upon one. Some of them stick closely to the culture of Japan and some do not. Others are there for comical reasons like the bowl of noodles is basically what it says on the tin.  The first drawing I did was the one on the top left the picture above of the Mount Fuji with the red sun.  Japan does have a nickname - "Land of the rising sun".
    The flag is simply a red circle. This design is still one of my favorites because its not over complicated.

    Food name?
    Katsu, yaki, udon, yakitori, and miso are all Japanease words that could be used amongst an English title.  I knew that Yaki meant fried or Grilled Food so I went with that. Yaki Food is my brand name.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment