Tuesday 6 May 2014

Final Macaw Design

MACAW DESIGN / MASCOT

Authors own - Final Macaw Mascot
The macaw is Brazils most iconic animal and therefore my design is appropriate. The only thing  changed is the palm tree that is no longer there.  The colour palette was an important thing to me.  B@Q had  farrow and ball colours but for this it needed to be as bright as possible.


EVALUATION 


Things i like about it?

The creature really represents the hosting nations, the colours also inspire and reflect the country in all its vibrancy.  The animal needed to keep the look of being real in order to make it fun and realistic, with the patterns around the eye I tried to keep this as similar to the real thing as the birds do have individual markings.

The bird could be have the Brazil colours but when printed the colours weren't bright enough so the blue was the brightest and boldest colour and this worked well with the design.

What I don't like?

The palm tree does look fake and this is why I got rid of this part of the design.

Feedback and comments?

That the bird is very realistic therefore the macaw would be a great costume. The fact the bird is purely on a white background means the detail comes through.




I decided not to pursue to the Macaw design any further due to the time-scale available to me, and I cant afford to develop it at the same time as my other 2 projects the cauldron and the medals.










No comments:

Post a Comment